In 1910 the Scottish shipyard Campeltown Shipbuilding Co. at Campeltown launched the steamer "ANNA". After completion in July 1910 the shipyard handed her over to the owners John Weiss & Co. in Memel (in those days an Eastern Prussian port, called today Klaipeda in Lithuania). Cargo gear: 4 derricks. Code letters HBSR.
In 1913 John Weiss & Co. sold the steamer for 418'291 German marks to the Bugsier Reederei und Bergungs A.G., Hamburg. Renamed "WESER".
1915 Schleppschiffgesellschaft Unterweser A.G., Bremen, bought her without changing her name. Under the new owners the ship was used as an ore carrier between Lulea and Stettin (today named Szczecin). In 1919 she suffered damage and was lying four months in Stockholm till she could go to Stettin for repairs.
Finally the "WESER" had to be ceded on 28 June 1920 in Hamburg from the representatives of the German government to Great Britain as war reparation and transferred to the Shipping Controller in London.
In 1921 the ship went first to the J. Inglis Company in London, which named her "ALHAMA". But already in the same year the Mossgiel Steamship Co. Ltd. in Glasgow became the owner of the ship. Her management was taken over by J. Bruce & Co. in London. Code letters KJQB.
In May 1936 the Rederi Sohn A/B from Helsinki / Helsingfors bought the ship and put her in service with the new name "ELSA S", and sailed under Finnish flag. The management was taken over by O/Y Ernst & Sohn Ltd. at Helsinki / Helsingfors. Code lettres OHYL. Starting from autumn 1939 the "ELSA S", laid up for about one and half years in the port of Lisbon without being used.
At the beginning of 1942 the Swiss Shipping Co. Ltd. at Basle acquired the steamer in Barcelona for 2,938,945.10 Swiss francs and let her enter the Swiss ship register under the name "ALBULA" on 26 February 1942. She received the callsign HBDM (new capacity: GRT: 1,220, NRT: 750, DWT: 2,030). After a general overhauling at the Union Naval de Levante S.A. shipyard in Barcelona the ship was put to sea on 27 April 1942 in order to be transferred to Lisbon where she arrived on 8 May after some technical troubles. On 12 May 1942 she was officially let at the disposal of the Swiss War Transport Office (WTO) for a shuttle service between Lisbon, Marseilles and Genoa.
The "ALBULA" arrived at Marseilles on 21 July 1944 in order to bring vital goods into security to Barcelona for Switzerland together with the s/s "GENEROSO" on instruction of the WTO. However after the ships being loaded, the German authorities forbid them to leave the port. During an air attack the "ALBULA" was slightly damaged on 14 August and on 20 August the crew was forced to leave the ship. The retreating German troops blew up the jetty-wall on 21 August 1944. The "ALBULA" was then so severely damaged that she sank in the harbour. After the salvage, the ship was declared as total loss and on 18 December 1945 she was sold for £ 6'500 to the Spaniard Ramon Mari Pino (He was the manager of the Companhia Suissa de Navegaçao Ltda., Lisbon a subsidiary of Swiss Shipping Co. Ltd., Basle) for scrapping.
However the ship was repaired and put in service by the owners, Ramon Mari Pino, Panama, navigating as "AUDAZ" (Management: Companhia Suissa de Navegaçao Ltda., Lisbon) under Panamanian flag. The callsign was changed to HOBA.
In 1948 the ship went to the Finnish owners Rauman Meriliikenne O/Y at Rauma, which called her "ELSA". With the registration under Finnish flag the callsign was changed into OFNK (new capacity: GRT: 1,319, NRT: 733, DWT: 2,030). The company Seppinen & Kamppi O/Y in Rauma took over her management.
On 15th May 1958 the s/s "ELSA" arrived at Travemünde to be scrapped by A. Harmstorf Bergungsreederei.